The PSI Pro™ series instruments are covered by a 1-Year Limited Warranty
- For a period of one year after the date of original shipment from our factory, products manufactured by Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. are warranted to function properly and be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Should a Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. instrument fail during the warranty period, return it freight pre-paid to our factory. Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. will repair it (or at our option, replace it) at no charge, and pay the cost of shipping it back to you. Certain products and components have modified coverage under this warranty as described below:
Modifications / Exceptions / Exclusions
- The Paroscientific, Inc. pressure sensors and optional Intelligent Transmitter Board supplied with the instrument are not covered under this warranty. The pressure sensor is covered separately under Paroscientific Inc.’s 5 Year Extended Limited Warranty (see Paroscientific, Inc. for details).
- Gas permeable membranes, rigid permeable membrane supports, support screens, absorbents, batteries, zinc anodes, and other consumable/expendable items are not covered under this warranty.
- Damage to the pressure sensor or internal electronics as a result of flooding from either a punctured membrane or an improperly applied O-ring seal around the membrane is not covered under this warranty. Care must be taken to deploy the instrument in the procedure described in the Operating Manual to minimize the possibility of damage due to flooding.
- Corrosion damage is not covered under this warranty. As described in the Operating Manual Application of a clean zinc anode to the housing and heavy grease to the closure ring threads is expected to help limit corrosion of the Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. hard anodized aluminum housings. Enhanced corrosion activity and damage may result from improper electrical isolation between the Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. instrument and any supporting platforms attached to the instrument.
- Welded mounting tabs and other mechanisms used to mount Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. instruments to ships, buoys, mooring lines etc., are not covered under this warranty. Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. expects the best and safest engineering practices to be applied by knowledgeable and experienced persons during the deployment and recovery of their instruments and can not be held liable for any injuries or damages incurred during use of their instruments.
- This warranty is void if, in our opinion, the instrument has been damaged by accident, mishandled, altered, or repaired by the customer where such treatment has affected its performance or reliability. In the event of such abuse by the customer, repair costs plus two-way freight costs will be borne by the customer. Instruments found defective should be returned to the factory, clearly marked as fragile goods, and carefully packaged in the original, impact-resistant shipping container. The customer is responsible for any freight damage and should consider carrier insurance.
- Incidental or consequential damages or costs incurred as a result of product malfunction are not the responsibility of Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc.
Warranty Administration Policy
Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. and its authorized representatives or resellers provide warranty support to the original purchaser only. Warranty claims, requests for information or other support, and orders for post-warranty repairs and service made by end-users that did not purchase directly from Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. or an authorized representative or reseller, must be made through the original purchaser. The intent and explanation of our warranty policy follows:
- Warranty repairs are only performed by Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc.
- Repairs or attempts to repair Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. products performed by customers (owners) shall be called owner repairs.
- Pro-Oceanus Systems Inc. reserves the right to refuse warranty coverage on a claim-by-claim basis based on our judgment and discretion. We will not honour a warranty claim if, in our opinion, the instrument, assembly, or part has been damaged by accident, mishandled, altered, or repaired by the customer where such treatment has affected its performance or reliability.